Re: generic copy options

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Emmanuel Cecchet <manu(at)asterdata(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Emmanuel Cecchet <Emmanuel(dot)Cecchet(at)asterdata(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: generic copy options
Date: 2009-09-19 21:54:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Emmanuel Cecchet <manu(at)asterdata(dot)com> writes:
> [ generic copy options patch ]

I went ahead and applied the psql \copy part of this, since that saves
us a couple hundred lines of code regardless of what may or may not
happen on the backend side. There were a couple of minor bugs, and
I also found a few other simplifications we could make in the same
area, eg if we're not going to parse the options exactly then we
needn't be too picky about the column list syntax either.