Re: PG and AIX

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG and AIX
Date: 2003-12-09 20:08:58
Lists: pgsql-general

cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com ("Corey W. Gibbs") writes:
> Just curious what problems, if any, have you had compiling/using Posgres on
> an AIX system. Up until now, my main experience with PG has been on Linux
> systems, and I was just wondering what differences there are in using the
> software on an AIX system.

There is a FAQ... doc/FAQ_AIX

I have found AIX to be not terribly fun when trying to compile custom
C modules to link into PostgreSQL; it hasn't yet solidified into a
"general procedure," and if you aren't using custom stuff, that may
not be terribly relevant.

The "user space" on AIX feels a fair bit different from Linux but it
isn't self-evident that this 'bites' the use of PostgreSQL. The
default shell is ksh-based, rather than Bash-based, but that isn't
particularly relevant to PG...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>