Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
Date: 2006-03-03 05:27:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu (Greg Stark) writes:
> Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
>
>> Letter of Invitation for Countries Whose Citizens Require a
>> Temporary Resident Visa to Enter Canada
>
> I missed that this was happening up here in Canada. How exclusive is
> the guest list for this? Like, are you only expecting 50 top
> contributors by invitation only or is anyone who can make it
> welcome? What kind of costs are anticipated?

It's not intended to be punitively high priced, so as to keep it
exclusive, but the more expensive you find it to travel to Toronto,
the more you'll find it costs, naturally... I'll probably grouse
about parking costs a bit, at some point, but I won't have a thousand
dollar plane ticket to pay for, to be sure... ;-)

I think there is some desire to have some amount of funding provided
for travel/accomodations based on what can be raised thru SPI; that's
certainly still a matter in flux. The answers aren't clear yet...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/