Re: Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler
Date: 2005-06-07 19:22:57
Lists: pgsql-general

RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com ("Mohan, Ross") writes:
It would be worthwhile to try to formulate this as a patch to the
FAQ_AIX file. Probably something like....

PostgreSQL 8 on AIX 5.3, compiled using VisualAge C

- Use only default optimization. Higher optimization levels have been
observed to lead to runtime problems, particularly with IPA

- Be sure to "export OBJECT_MODE=64" to compile in 64 bit mode

- Upgrading m4/autoconf helps with ./configure.

- m4 needs __STDC__ defined in order to avoid "va_list" compilation
errors.

- Setting LIBPATH (to what???) has proved useful
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html