Re: AIX and V8 beta 3

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AIX and V8 beta 3
Date: 2004-10-01 22:02:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com (Darcy Buskermolen) writes:
> On September 30, 2004 05:55 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> To me it looks like all you need to do is add -pthreads or maybe
> -lpthreads depending on exact system to your compile line..

-lpthreads does the trick, indeed. (-lpthread also does the job,
which is disturbing...)

If I liberally salt various makefiles for the various components that
look like they used to be shell scripts with "-lpthreads", it all
turns out fine, and the binary happily passes regression thusly...

... much ado about nothing elided ...
rowtypes ... ok
test stats ... ok
test tablespace ... ok
============== shutting down postmaster ==============
postmaster stopped

======================
All 96 tests passed.
======================

rm regress.o
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/OXRS/Sources/postgresql-8.0.0beta3/src/test/regress'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/OXRS/Sources/postgresql-8.0.0beta3/src/test'
bash-2.05a$ uname -a
AIX fred 1 5 0007B06F4C00

Colour me suspicious that a few extra flags need to get drawn into
somewhere. It doesn't look to me as though there's a suitable place
to include that in ./configure, which suggests it ought to get dropped
in somewhere else.

I'm not certain where that "somewhere else" is:
- src/makefiles/Makefile.aix?
- In the configure script?
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html