Problem with PGStatement.getLastOID()

From: ListMan <listman(at)cybermaccara(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with PGStatement.getLastOID()
Date: 2003-12-01 22:50:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi!

I hope you can help me with a problem with the jdbc-driver devel version
(need it for 7.4).

With driver version pg73jdbc the following works fine:

int rowCount = -1;
long insertedOid = -1;
Connection con = null;
Statement stmt = null;

con = sec.getConnection(); // gets pooled connection
stmt = con.createStatement();
con.setAutoCommit(false);
rowCount = stmt.executeUpdate(query);
con.commit();
insertedOid = ((org.postgresql.PGStatement)stmt).getLastOID();
con.setAutoCommit(true);
con.close();

With devel version I get ClassCastException on row with insertedOid =
((org.postgresql.PGStatement)stmt).getLastOID();

Version 73 drivers were tested against our production server which is
running postgres 7.3 and devel drivers were tested against my own own
machine running 7.4 on Cygwin.

I hope you can help me with this.

B Rgds,
JariP