macOS ownership and premissions

From: Craig H <reply2017(at)3dpilots(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: macOS ownership and premissions
Date: 2017-11-24 17:08:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am trying to find out best practises for setting up postgreSQL on a Mac and to overcome some issues I am having.
I used the EDB installer to install V10.

The install directory is owned by the postgreSQL user (created by install) and I have no access (my account is an admin).
Q: What is the best way to set this up so you can look at the log files and edit the config files? I tried granting r/w permissions to myself, but each new log file has a permissions issue. How can I best resolve the permissions issues?

Thanks,
Craig.

---
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool…