UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default

From: Andreas Langegger ⌂ zoomsquare <andreas(at)zoomsquare(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default
Date: 2013-12-09 15:04:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I found a heavy UX bug in v1.18.1 (Oct 11 2013) on Mac OSX 10.9 which locked me out of my user and even crashed our server for some minutes since services got locked out as well:

1. goto Login Roles
2. select a user role
3. goto "Definition" tab

You'll see, that the account expires field is pre-filled with TODAY, the time is empty and will result into 0:00:00 effectively meaning the account will be closed as of today once you hit OK.

Maybe it has to do with wxWidgets on Mac setting the calendar field to TODAY. But it's definitely a source of headache if you don't notice accidentially setting the expire date ...

Cheers,
Andy

Dr. Andreas Langegger
Co-Founder, CEO