Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rajeev rastogi" <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path
Date: 2014-02-03 11:07:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Rajeev rastogi" <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
> Please find the attached revised patch.

Thanks, your patch looks good. I confirmed the following:

* Applied cleanly to the latest source tree, and built on Linux and Windows
(with MSVC) without any warnings.

* Changed to D:\ and ran "pg_ctl register -N pg -D pgdata", and checked the
registry value ImagePath with regedit. It contained -D "D:\pgdata".

* Changed to D:\pgdata and ran "pg_ctl register -N pg -D ..\pgdata", and
checked the registry value ImagePath with regedit. It contained -D
"D:\pgdata".

Finally, please change the function description comment of
get_absolute_path() so that the style follows other function in path.c.
That is:

/*
* <function_name>
*
* Function description
*/

Then update the CommitFest entry with the latest patch and let me know of
that. Then, I'll change the patch status to ready for committer.

Regards
MauMau