Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date: 2014-02-14 01:11:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> Rebuild with --disable-auto-import causes errors in contrib on
> both machines. Errors occur in pg_buffercache, pg_stat_statements,
> postgres_fdw and test_shm_mq.

Yeah, that's the idea: we want to get the same failures as on MSVC.
I'm going to put in PGDLLIMPORT macros to fix these cases, but I'm
waiting for verification that Cygwin also sees the problem before
making it go away.

brolga unfortunately seems to have been AWOL for the past day and
a half. Andrew, could you give it a kick?