Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics

From: Léonard Benedetti <benedetti(at)mlpo(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Date: 2016-03-11 18:27:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

11/03/2016 19:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?L=c3=a9onard_Benedetti?= <benedetti(at)mlpo(dot)fr> writes:
>> Despite all that, I think this transition to Python 3 is wise, it is
>> available since 2008. Python 2 is legacy and its last version (2.7) is a
>> “end-of-life release”.
> Doesn't matter. We support both Python 2 and 3, and this script must
> do so as well, else it's not getting committed. Any desupport for
> Python 2 in PG is very far away; no one has even suggested we consider
> it yet.
>
> regards, tom lane
Well, this is not a problem at all. We just need to have two scripts:
one for Python 2 and one for Python 3 (it is not possible to have one
script compatible for both versions insofar Python 3 is not
backward-compatible). Another possibility is to have just one script for
Python 2, but no support for Python 3.

Tell me what you prefer.

Léonard Benedetti