Re: SIGSEGV taken on 8.1 during dump/reload

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Creager <Robert_Creager(at)LogicalChaos(dot)org>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Janko Richter <jankorichter(at)yahoo(dot)de>, PGSphere <pgsphere-dev(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV taken on 8.1 during dump/reload
Date: 2005-11-08 15:06:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Creager <Robert_Creager(at)LogicalChaos(dot)org> writes:
> Is there any way I can do a <make installcheck> without a
> reconfigure/make/install of postgresql? The db is running on port
> 5433, not the default of 5432.

Sure, just "export PGPORT=5433" before "make installcheck". Doubt it
will prove much, though, because the regression tests contain only
minimal exercising of GIST.

Does PGSphere itself have any regression tests?

(Actually, running the contrib regression tests might be more relevant
than the main PG tests, since several contrib modules with GIST
opclasses have regression tests.)