Moving src/backend/utils/misc/rbtree.c to src/backend/lib

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Moving src/backend/utils/misc/rbtree.c to src/backend/lib
Date: 2014-12-22 10:16:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan suggested [1] moving rbtree.c to src/backend/lib, which
I think makes a lot of sense. Now that we have several other general
purpose data structures in src/backend/lib (linked lists, a binary heap,
and a pairing heap), rbtree.c would definitely be better placed in
src/backend/lib, too.

The usual objection to moving things is that it makes back-patching
harder. It also might break third-party code that use it (since
presumably we would also move the .h file). Nevertheless, I feel the
advantages outweigh the disadvantages in this case.

Any objections?

- Heikki