Re: Commitfest problems

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest problems
Date: 2014-12-12 19:27:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/11/2014 02:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> How about *you* run the next one, Tom?
>
> I think the limited amount of time I can put into a commitfest is better
> spent on reviewing patches than on managing the process.

Agreed but

That means committers/hackers have to suck it up when the manager closes
the commit fest.

We don't get our cake and eat it too. We either accept that the CFM has
the authority to do exactly what they are supposed to do, or we don't.
JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc