TODO: Helpful hint from psql on createdb

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TODO: Helpful hint from psql on createdb
Date: 2014-10-24 09:55:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all

Following on from my recent patch about adding a hint to psql when you
try to use it to apply a custom-format dump:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/544096E0.5020607@2ndquadrant.com

I think we should do the same for the command line tools, like createdb,
createuser, etc.

I've seen this often enough:

postgres=> createdb test
postgres->

postgres->

and it should be solveable with the same approach I used for PGDMP.

It's only a couple of hours work at most but I'm not going to get to it
in a hurry, so let's pop it on the TODO for volunteers.