Re: tracking commit timestamps

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: tracking commit timestamps
Date: 2014-09-09 17:05:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hi,

I worked bit on this patch to make it closer to committable state.

There are several bugs fixed, including ones mentioned by Jamie (writing
WAL during recovery).

Also support for pg_resetxlog/pg_upgrade has been implemented by Andres.

I added simple regression test and regression contrib module to cover
both off and on settings.

The SLRU issue Heikki mentioned should be also gone mainly thanks to
638cf09e7 (I did test it too).

One notable thing missing is documentation for the three SQL level
interfaces provided, I plan to add that soon.

committs-v5.patch text/x-diff 59.1 KB