Re: pgcrypto: PGP armor headers

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgcrypto: PGP armor headers
Date: 2014-09-09 09:01:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 9/9/14 10:54 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> So I think this (and the corresponding dearmor code too) should be
> refactored to use a StringInfo that gets enlarged as needed, instead of
> hoping to guess the size correctly beforehand. To ease review, might
> make sense to do that as a separate patch over current sources, and the
> main patch on top of that.

Yeah, I thought the same thing while writing that code. Thanks, I'll do
it that way.

> BTW, I'm surprised that there is no function to get all the armor
> headers. You can only probe for a particular one with pgp_armor_headder,
> but there is no way to list them all, if you don't know what you're
> looking for.

Right. The assumption was that due to the nature of how the headers are
used, the user would always be looking for a certain, predetermined set
of values. But I don't oppose to adding a pgp_armor_header_keys()
function to get the set of all keys, for example.

.marko