Re: PL/pgSQL 2

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <jan(at)wi3ck(dot)info>, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht(at)nosys(dot)es>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Date: 2014-09-03 13:17:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/02/2014 03:50 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:

> PL/pgSQL's syntax was modelled to look like PL/SQL. Which is a Ada/COBOL
> lookalike.
>
> Instead of trying to mimic what it was or a T-SQL thing instead ...
> maybe it is time to come up with a true PostgreSQL specific PL for a
> change?
>
> Just for the sake of being something new, and not a copy of some old
> opossum, that's rotting like road kill on the side of the highway for a
> decade already.

Well, I don't think PostgreSQL needs its own PL. I mean we already have
several (what other database has pl/javascript or pl/python?)

Besides, the idea of this community trying to build its own programming
language... oh lord ;)

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564