Re: New developer TODO suggestions

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New developer TODO suggestions
Date: 2014-07-31 01:54:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 07/30/2014 06:11 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> Both these might be possible. I am not planning on doing them, at least. My
>> current json plans for 9.5 are limited to implementing jsonb equivalents of
>> those json functions that didn't make it into the 9.4 jsonb work due to
>> pressure of time, i.e. the json generating functions and the aggregates.
>> That work has been started and with luck will hit the next commitfest.
> Does that include the concatenate operator? That's probably the single
> biggest thing we missed.

No, the only thing I am doing to provide jsonb equivaents of existing
json functions where they don't currently exist. There is no existing
json concatenation operator.

I think there are quite a few operations that we could very usefully
provide. Given the buzz that our json work has been generating, that
would probably be a very productive area to work on.

cheers

andrew