Re: Postgresql service stopped automatically after restart

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Kalai R <softlinne(dot)kv(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql service stopped automatically after restart
Date: 2014-05-29 23:22:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/29/2014 08:01 AM, Kalai R wrote:
> I have checked no problem in pg_hba.conf file.

Have you checked the Postgres or Windows system logs?

> Also I have disabled AV software checks for the Postgres Directories.
>
> But Problem remains

There actually seem to be several problems across multiple platforms if
I am following correctly. An attempt at a solution is going to need a
great deal more information then what we have been given so far. My
suggestion would be to stick to one issue at a time and work it to
completion, say the case where the files are not deleted but the service
does not start.

For starters, information that would be helpful:

1) OS version

2) What your .NET application is actually doing when installing Postgres.

3) Error messages that the user sees.

4) Error messages from the Postgres/OS logs

5) I assume this system was working in the past, so an indication of
when it quit working and any changes that occurred over that time period.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com