Re: 9.4 release notes

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.4 release notes
Date: 2014-05-05 20:13:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/05/2014 02:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 11:31 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> JSONB values are also mapped to SQL scalar data types, rather
>> than being treated always as strings.
> + ... allowing for correct sorting of JSON according to internal datums.

The problem is that at least in one sense that's not what we're doing.
The canonical ordering of object keys is not at all standard lexical
ordering.

I really don't think this is Release Notes material. The fact that jsonb
maps scalar values to internal postgres types is an implementation artefact.

cheers

andrew