Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases
Date: 2014-03-19 20:50:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

So, I'll ask again (because I didn't see a reply): is there any way
users can *check* if they've been corrupted? Short of waiting for PK/FK
violations?

Given that all of the fixes we recommend involve extensive downtimes,
nobody is going to want to do them "just in case". How can they test
for the issue? I can't see any reasonable way ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.