Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-02-05 16:29:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/05/2014 10:36 AM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>>> +Datum
>>> +jsonb_typeof(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
>>> +{
>>> +}
>>
>> Hm, shouldn't that be in jsonfuncs.c?
> No idea, i don't have an objection

No it shouldn't. The json equivalent function is in json.c, and needs to
be because it uses the parser internals that aren't exposed outside that
code.

> send/recv for hstore is fixed too. Should I make new version of patch?
> Right now it's placed on github. May be Andrew wants to change something?

I'll take a look, but I think we need to unify this so we use one set of
send/recv code for the two types if possible, as I just said to Merlin.

cheers

andrew