Re: Time to do our Triage for 9.4

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to do our Triage for 9.4
Date: 2014-01-10 23:29:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/10/2014 01:34 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> To make this easier for everyone to participate in, I've created a wiki
>> page:
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/9.4CF4Triage
>>
>> Please add the patches you know well to the appropriate list, thanks!
>>

> I know my own patch pretty well and from my own point of view it's very
> close to being about ready to go, but a good review may change that. Should
> we be waiting for 2nd opinions or can patch authors decide for themselves?
> Or were you talking only to commiters?

Well, I'd prefer that someone other than the patch author assess the
patch state; the author is going to be characteristically optimistic.

However, it's a wiki. If you put it under "good to go" someone else who
disagrees can move it. IMHO, if the patch hasn't had at least one
review yet (in a prior CF), though, I'd put it under "Nearly Ready".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.