Feature request: Logging SSL connections

From: "Dr(dot) Andreas Kunert" <kunert(at)cms(dot)hu-berlin(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature request: Logging SSL connections
Date: 2013-12-05 13:53:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

we were really missing the information in our log files if (and which
of) our users are using SSL during their connections.

The attached patch is a very simple solution to this problem - it just
tests if the ssl pointer in Port is null. If no, it adds "SSL" to the
logfile, otherwise it adds "NOSSL".

Or have I been missing an existing way to reach the same?

Regards,
Andreas

Dr. Andreas Kunert / __/ / / / __/
HU-Berlin, ZE Rechenzentrum (CMS) / /_ / / / / __\\
www.hu-berlin.de/~kunert /___/ /_/_/_/ /___/

log.patch text/x-patch 838 bytes