Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads
Date: 2013-10-30 00:30:41
Lists: pgsql-www

Right now, if a user needs to download RPMs offline in order to transfer
them to a server with no internet access, there's no obvious way to do
it. While the actual RPM download directories are public, they're not
linked from any public webpage; you have to already know or
reverse-engineer the URL from links to other things.

I think we should have an explanation and some links on
yum.postgresql.org and on the downloads/ page for this situation. Not
sure exactly where, but somewhere.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.