Re: plpgsql.print_strict_params

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql.print_strict_params
Date: 2013-10-04 07:53:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/3/13 6:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> This looks like a nice clean patch. My only concern is that it makes
> "on" and "off" unreserved plpgsql keywords. It looks like that will
> make them unusable as unquoted identifiers in a few contexts in which
> they can now be used. Has there been any discussion about whether
> that's OK?

I don't think there has.

I originally had more ideas for options which you could turn on/off,
which I believe might have justified reserving them, but I'm not sure
any of those will ever happen, at least not as a simple on/off option.
Did you have a better idea for the syntax? The only thing I can think
of is print_strict_params and no_print_strict_params, and I'm not very
fond of that.

Also, in what contexts are unreserved keywords a problem in modern PL/PgSQL?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja