Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date: 2013-08-07 19:39:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

> You are getting into some kind of loop where not wanting to expend
> unlimited effort on something means, to you, that the person doesn't
> think the goal is important. Effort has to be balanced. This is not
> the first time I have seen such loops. And why do you even care about
> my opinion?

Aha, OK. So you're talking about all the different things we might do
to get more reviewers. I'm only talking about adding reviewers to the
bottom of the release notes, which is certainly a bounded activity of
*very* limited effort. Which is why I was confused and aghast at your
talk of "unbounded work".

To be completely clear: I am talking only about the compromise discussed
on this thread, namely:

a) listing reviewers who did "extensive work" as co-authors on the
patch, and
b) listing other reviewers at the bottom of the release notes.

Per earlier discussions. You started this thread by claiming that
adding the reviewers to 9.4 would be too hard, and I argued that it
would not and in fact I'm already working on it. Nothing I've talked
about in this thread has been about anything else.
--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.