Re: checking variadic "any" argument in parser - should be array

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: checking variadic "any" argument in parser - should be array
Date: 2013-07-13 22:02:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 06/29/2013 03:29 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>>> Well, writer of release notes should be aware of this. And I hope he will
>>> be. So no issue.

Is the behaviour change really unavoidable? Is it really what we want?
Nobody seems to have picked up on this except the author and the
reviewer. I'd hate us to do this and then surprise people. I'm not sure
how many people are using VARIADIC "any", but I have started doing so
and expect to do so more, and I suspect I'm not alone.

cheers

andrew