Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan
Date: 2013-06-30 11:00:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28.06.2013 22:31, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Now, I got the point of three state consistent: we can keep only one
> consistent in opclasses that support new interface. exact true and exact
> false values will be passed in the case of current patch consistent; exact
> false and unknown will be passed in the case of current patch
> preConsistent. That's reasonable.

I'm going to mark this as "returned with feedback". For the next
version, I'd like to see the API changed per above. Also, I'd like us to
do something about the tidbitmap overhead, as a separate patch before
this, so that we can assess the actual benefit of this patch. And a new
test case that demonstrates the I/O benefits.

- Heikki