Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';
Date: 2013-06-18 17:45:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In truth, I hadn't realised somebody had added this to the CF. It was
> meant to be an exploration and demonstration that further work was/is
> required rather than a production quality submission. AFAICS it is
> still limited to '1 TB' only...

At the beginning of the CF, I do a sweep of patch files emailed to
-hackers and not in the CF. I believe there were three such of yours,
take a look at the CF list. Like I said, better to track them
unnecessarily than to lose them.

> Thank you both for adding to this patch. Since you've done that, it
> seems churlish of me to interrupt that commit.

Well, I think that someone needs to actually test doing a sort with,
say, 100GB of RAM and make sure it doesn't crash. Anyone have a machine
they can try that on?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.