Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Date: 2013-04-22 19:11:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Allow tooling like pg_receivexlog to run on computers with different architectures (Heikki Linnakangas)

This probably should be mentioned in the backwards-compatibility
section. Any 3rd party tools that speak the streaming replication
protocol are affected.

> E.1.3.2.1. Write-Ahead Log (WAL)
>
> Store WAL in a continuous stream, rather than skipping the last 16MB segment every 4GB (Heikki Linnakangas) BACKWARD COMPATIBLE BREAK
>
> Restructure WAL files to better handle timeline changes during recovery (Heikki Linnakangas)
>
> Restructure WAL files to use a more compact storage format (Heikki Linnakangas)

Can you clarify which commits these came from? The first one is clear
(dfda6eba), and I think the 3rd covers commits 20ba5ca6 and 061e7efb1.
But what is that second entry?

- Heikki