Re: Materialized View patch broke pg_dump

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized View patch broke pg_dump
Date: 2013-03-11 14:43:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/06/2013 10:55 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de> wrote:
>
>> Looking into this issue, it seems the version check in getTables() of pg_dump.c
>> is wrong. Shouldn't the check be
>>
>> if (fout->remoteVersion >= 90300)
>> {
>>
>> }
>>
>> since this is where pg_relation_is_scannable() is introduced?
> Fixed.
>
> Thanks for the report!

I noticed this morning that I am still getting failures on 9.0, 9.1 and
9.2 which cause my cross-version upgrade testing to fail for git tip.
For all I know this might apply to all back branches, but these are the
only ones tested for upgrade, so that's all I can report on reliably.

I'm chasing it up to find out exactly what's going on, but figured some
extra eyeballs would help.

cheers

andrew