Re: PostgreSQL connect with Visual C++

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL connect with Visual C++
Date: 2013-03-06 10:02:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/4/2013 8:17 PM, dhaval257 wrote:
> I am new to postgres. I am doing Project on Image processing in OpenCV(IDE
> i am using is Visual C++ 2010). I have downloaded PostgreSQL 8.4 and
> installed it successfully. I want to know how to connect postgres with
> visual C++.

is this app using the .net framework ? if so, you might want to use
the .net postgresql database connector,
http://npgsql.projects.pgfoundry.org/

if you're NOT using .net then you probably do NOT want to use that
stuff. and should stick with either the libpq C bindings, or the libpqxx
C++ wrapper.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W