Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility
Date: 2012-10-16 22:03:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hannu,

Can you explain in more detail how this would be used on the receiving
side? I'm unable to picture it from your description.

I'm also a bit reluctant to call this a "message queue", since it lacks
the features required for it to be used as an application-level queue.
"REPLICATION MESSAGE", maybe?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.