Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL

From: "F(dot) BROUARD / SQLpro" <sqlpro(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL
Date: 2012-08-30 12:09:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 30/08/2012 12:45, Craig Ringer a écrit :

> That's my understanding, but I don't know which other database systems
> you're talking about because you've never specifically named any.

In his primary post he talk about SQL Server, Sybase and MySQL wich does
good jobs with collation....

Almost a majority of RDBMS have collation support wich is very important
for non english languages, that represents about 90% of the planet
languages !

This feature has always been a "black spot" in PG, and the most
important topic to discourage to use it in professionnal applications.

A +

--
Frédéric BROUARD - expert SGBDR et SQL - MVP SQL Server - 06 11 86 40 66
Le site sur le langage SQL et les SGBDR : http://sqlpro.developpez.com