Re: SIGFPE handler is naive

From: Nils Goroll <slink(at)schokola(dot)de>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SIGFPE handler is naive
Date: 2012-08-14 10:28:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Should we do something to plug this, and if so, what? If not, should
> we document the danger?

I am not sure if I really understood the intention of the question correctly,
but if the question was if pg should try to work around misuse of signals, then
my answer would be a definite no.

IMHO, the signal handler should check if the signal was received for good
reasons (as proposed by Noah) and handle it appropriately, but otherwise ignore it.

Nils