Re: non-standard escapes in string literals

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: non-standard escapes in string literals
Date: 2002-06-05 04:27:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I was wrong. '' can be sufficient. The DB just has to treat everything
between single quotes as data except for '' which is treated as a ' in the
data.

However raw control characters can still cause problems in the various
stages from the source to the DB.

Cheerio,
Link.

Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
Quoting is to help separate data from commands. Though '' is sufficient for
quoting ' it seems to me not sufficient for control characters.