Re: Corrupted index file after restoring WAL on warm spare server

From: "Michael Nolan" <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Corrupted index file after restoring WAL on warm spare server
Date: 2007-05-24 22:34:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/24/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> It sounds like you have a reproducible test case --- can you make it
> available to someone else?
>
> Not very easily, Tom. The tarball files are around 35 GB (uncompressed)
and I assume they'd only work on a fairly similar system anyway.

I assume shell level access would be needed. I may be able to set up a way
to get to someone through the firewall, but there are some security issues
I'd have to clear with our Executive Director, since there's quite a bit of
confidential information in the database and elsewhere on the server.

Is this something where I could call someone and have them walk me through
checking things?

I tried the same thing on a 3rd server (similar hardware and same O/S), and
the query is working correctly there. I'm not sure what that tells me.
--
Mike Nolan