Re: Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing?

From: Paulo Correia <paulo(dot)correia(at)pdmfc(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing?
Date: 2012-05-14 16:28:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all!

Still haven't found any solution to this problem.

Having a Postgres 9.0 with assynchronous streaming replication to a
hot-standby slave, both with CentOs 5.6, how can I use both DB instances
for query load balancing?
I've tried with pgPool-II but the pooling mechanism is disruptive with
the existing pool on the application servers.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Paulo Correia