Re: Command Triggers, v16

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, v16
Date: 2012-03-16 08:30:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Thom Brown wrote:

> I don’t understand how functions can return a type of “command
> trigger”. This certainly works, but I’ve never seen a type consisting
> of more than one word. Could you explain this for me? This is also

postgres=> with types (name) as
postgres-> (select format_type(oid, NULL) from pg_type)
postgres-> select name from types where name like '% %'
postgres-> and not name like '%[]';
name
-----------------------------
double precision
character varying
time without time zone
timestamp without time zone
timestamp with time zone
time with time zone
bit varying
(7 Zeilen)

I think these are all specially handled in the parser.

--
Christian Ullrich