Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joshua Brindle <jbrindle(at)tresys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label
Date: 2012-03-11 10:33:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2012-03-10 10:39, I wrote:

> I can probably write some docs tomorrow.

Attached is v5 of the patch, with is exactly equal to v4 but with added
documentation.

Some other notes.

- Robert asked why sepgsql_setcon with NULL to reset the value to the
initial client label was supported. Maybe this could be a leftover from
the initial implementation as GUC variable?
- earlier I suggested preventing setting a new client label from a
trusted procedure, however I just read in the original post that this
was how the current usecase of Joshua is set up. Suggestion withdrawn.

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-v9.2-sepgsql-setcon.part2-v5.patch text/x-patch 28.3 KB