Re: Question on imports with foreign keys

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Emre Hasegeli <emre(dot)hasegeli(at)tart(dot)com(dot)tr>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question on imports with foreign keys
Date: 2011-12-08 10:10:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Am 08.12.2011 09:39, schrieb Emre Hasegeli:
> On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 08:48:51 +0200, Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> How is the easiest way to to find the customer.id of the new
>> customers so I can insert the projectinfos?
>>

> It is easy to select rows not related with another table. One of the
> following queries can be used.
>
>> Select * from "customers" where id not in (select "customerId" from
>> "projectinfos")

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough describing the scenario.

Lets's say there were already 1000 records in the customers table.
Now I add 357 new customers to this table.

If I use one of your queries I'd get all 1357 entries of customers since
"project_x.projectinfos" would be newly created for this project and
therefor empty.

I need to know which customers.id was created for which line in the
temporary table that I read in with copy.
When I have those ids I can fill "project_x.projectinfos" with just
those new 357 customer.ids and foreign keys refering the new lookup-tables.