Re: Core Extensions relocation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Core Extensions relocation
Date: 2011-11-15 00:56:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg,

So I'm a bit unclear on why most of the optional data types were
excluded from your list of Core Extensions. I would regard the
following as stable and of general utility:

btree_gin
btree_gist
citext
dblink
file_fdw
fuzzystrmatch
hstore
intarray
isn
ltree
pgcrypto
pg_trgm
unaccent
uuid-ossp

These should, in my opinion, all be Core Extensions. I'd go further to
say that if something is materially an extension (as opposed to a tool
or a code example), and we're shipping it with the core distribution, it
either ought to be a core extension, or it should be kicked out to PGXN.

Am I completely misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish here?

... also, why is there still a "tsearch2" contrib module around at all?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.