Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only
Date: 2011-11-13 08:54:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andrew,

On 13/11/2011 02:56, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Here is a patch for that for pg_dump. The sections provided for are
> pre-data, data and post-data, as discussed elsewhere. I still feel that
> anything finer grained should be handled via pg_restore's --use-list
> functionality. I'll provide a patch to do the same switch for pg_restore
> shortly.
>
> Adding to the commitfest.

FWIW, I've tested the patch as I've recently needed to build a custom
splitting script for a project and the patch seemed to be a much more
elegant solution. As far as I can tell, it works great and the output
matches the result of my script.

The only little thing I've noticed is a missing ending ")" in the --help
message.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati