Re:

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: daflmx <daflmx(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2011-11-11 00:17:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/10/2011 05:04 PM, daflmx wrote:

> Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain
> socket"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Well?

Does the socket file exist?

Is PostgreSQL configured to use a different socket - perhaps in /tmp -
in postgresql.conf?

I'm guessing you're using `psql' from your OS's packages, which expects
to find the PostgreSQL socket in /var/run/postgresql/ , but a PostgreSQL
server you installed yourself that puts its socket in /tmp or somewhere
else.

Note that you should still be able to connect with `-H localhost' to use
TCP/IP rather than unix domain sockets.

--
Craig Ringer