Passing NULL to a function called with OidFunctionCall3

From: Bborie Park <bkpark(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Passing NULL to a function called with OidFunctionCall3
Date: 2011-11-11 00:06:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey all,

I'm trying to make use of OidFunctionCall3 and am wondering how to
resolve an issue. I need to be able to pass to the function called with
OidFunctionCall3 a NULL and am having difficulty figuring out how.

{{{
/* build fcnarg */
for (i = 0; i < set_count; i++) {
if (_haspixel[i]) {
fcnarg[i] = Float8GetDatum(_pixel[i]);
POSTGIS_RT_DEBUGF(4, "arg %d is %f", i, _pixel[i]);
}
else {
fcnarg[i] = (Datum) NULL;
POSTGIS_RT_DEBUGF(4, "arg %d is NULL", i);
}
}
datum = OidFunctionCall3(fcnoid, fcnarg[0], fcnarg[1], fcnuserarg);
}}}

The above does not work (segfault). What is the correct way to pass a
NULL to the function being called? Should I be using a different
function other than OidFunctionCall3?

Thanks,
Bborie
--