Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production?

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production?
Date: 2011-11-02 20:01:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2011-11-02 18:01, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> So after months of using this SSD without any issues at all, we tentatively
> rolled this out to production, and had blissful, sweet beauty until about 2
> weeks ago, now we are running into sudden death scenarios.

Could you tell a bit more about the sudden death? Does the drive still
respond to queries for smart attributes?

What firmware is on the Vertex 3? Anandtech talks about timing issues
between certain IO controllers and the SandForce 2281 chipset, which
appear to have been resolved in firmware 2.09
(http://www.anandtech.com/show/4341/ocz-vertex-3-max-iops-patriot-wildfire-ssds-reviewed/1).

regards,
Yeb