Re: Dumping roles improvements?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dumping roles improvements?
Date: 2011-10-11 19:50:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Acording the docs, I assume -r is only roles, while -g includes
> tablespace, so what you want is already available in pg_dumpall.

No, it's not. You don't seem to be actually reading any of my proposals.

(1) I cannot produce a single file in custom dump format which includes
both a single database and all of the roles I need to build that database.

(2) I cannot dump a set of roles without md5 passwords.

Both of these are things I need to support dev/stage/testing integration
at multiple sites.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.