Re: Double sorting split patch

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Double sorting split patch
Date: 2011-10-05 07:37:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04.10.2011 15:10, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Heikki Linnakangas<
> heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Ok. Could you phrase that as a code comment?
>>
>> Here's a version of the patch I've been working on. There's no functional
>> changes, just a lot of moving things around, comment changes, etc. to
>> hopefully make it more readable.
>
> Thanks for your work on this patch. Patch with comment is attached.

Thanks, I incorporated that, and did a lot of other comment changes. I
included the example you gave earlier on how the first phase of the
algorithm works, in a comment. Please review, and if you have some test
cases at hand, run them. I think this is ready for commit now.

One more thing:
> /* Allocate vectors for results */
> nbytes = (maxoff + 2) * sizeof(OffsetNumber);
> v->spl_left = (OffsetNumber *) palloc(nbytes);
> v->spl_right = (OffsetNumber *) palloc(nbytes);

Why "maxoff + 2" ? Allocating a few extra bytes is obviously harmless,
but I wonder if it was just a leftover from something.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

double-sorting-split-0.6-heikki.patch text/x-diff 26.3 KB